Pat lives in Florida and teaches new immigrants. She is also working on publishing her writings.
I was brought up in a Christian home and in a solid, independent, autonomous evangelical church. At the age of six, I realized I was a sinner and prayed with my pastor to receive Christ as my savior. At age 13 or 14, I wasn’t sure if that six-year- old’s prayer “worked” and prayed again with my Sunday School teacher. Since that day, I’ve been certain that I’m a child of God. At the age of 14 at Bible camp, I committed my life to foreign missions, if that was what God wanted me to do.
- Joined TEAM (The Evangelical Alliance Mission) in 1973 and went to Taiwan from 1974 – 1989 teaching middle school/high school English at Morrison Academy.
- Switched to the Austria ministry area with TEAM in 1990 (following a furlough year) and taught middle school high school English at Vienna Christian School from 1990-1998.
- From 1998 – 2007 taught ESL (English as a Second Language) in conjunction with TEAM churches in Austria.
- In 2007 transferred to the TEAM Czech ministry area and studied the Czech language full-time for one year.
- In 2008 started teaching ESL for evangelization full-time at the Skaka Ministry Center while continuing my Czech studies part-time around my teaching schedule.
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, B.S.
- Secondary Education – English and U.S. History
- Moody Bible Institute
- Enrolled as a special student for 30 credits in Bible Azusa Pacific University, M.A.
- M.A. in Education
- CELTA course through Cambridge