Pat’s Story & Ministry
I was brought up in a Christian home and in a solid independent, autonomous evangelical church. At the age of 6 I realized I was a sinner and prayed with my pastor to receive Christ as my savior. At age 13 or 14, I wasn’t sure if that 6 year-old’s prayer ‘worked’ and prayed again with my Sunday School teacher. Since that day, I’ve been certain that I am a child of God. At the age of 14 at Bible camp, I committed my life to foreign missions, if that was what God wanted me to do.
- University of Wisconsin—Oshkosh, B.S.—1970 in Secondary Education—English and U.S. History
- Moody Bible Institute—no degree. Enrolled as a special student for 30 credits in Bible
- Azusa Pacific University—M.A.—1979 in education
- CELTA Course through Cambridge—certificate—1998
- Joined TEAM (The Evangelical Alliance Mission) in 1973 and went to Taiwan from 1974—1989 teaching middle school/high school English at Morrison Academy.
- Switched to the Austria ministry area with TEAM in 1990 (following a furlough year) and taught middle school/high school English at Vienna Christian School from 1990—1998.
- From 1998—2007 taught ESL (English as a Second Language) in conjunction with TEAM churches in Austria.
- In 2007 transferred to the TEAM Czech ministry area and studied the Czech language full-time for one year.
- In 2008 started teaching ESL for evangelization full-time at the Skaka Ministry Center while continuing my Czech studies part-time around my teaching schedule.
Currently, I live in Florida teaching new immigrants and am working on publishing my writings.